The program for the winter semester 2021/22 will be announced here soon.
The Instiute hosts the Humboldt International Criminal Law Discussion Group, which on a regular basis invites academics and practitioners from Germany and abroad to present their research or to discuss current issues relating to their work. The group comprises the members of the Institute as well as professors, researchers and doctoral students of the Berlin universities and members of other Berlin-based institutions.
Senior member: Prof. Dr. Florian Jeßberger
Convenors (summer semester 2021):
Kalika Mehta & Tobias Beinder
During the semester, the discussion group meets on Wednesdays from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. and – until further notice – only in video conference format.
2. Juni 2021 | O-Gon Kwon (Judge and former Vice-President ICTY; former President, Assembly of States Parties ICC): “Reflections on the Past and Present of International Criminal Law
26. Mai 2021 | Kate Gibson (Association of Defence Lawyers before International Criminal Courts): Defence Lawyers as Human Rights Warriors
19. Mai 2021 | Prof. Dr. Christine Schwöbel-Patel (University of Warwick): “Marketing Global Justice – The Political Economy of International Criminal Law”.
28. April 2021 | Ezequiel Heffes (Geneva Call): “Talking About International Humanitarian Law with Non State Armed Groups”.
14. April 2021 | Prof. Dr. Mark A. Drumbl (Washington & Lee University): “Tragic Perpetrators and Imperfect Victims: Ongwen at the ICC”.
24. Februar 2021 | Dr. Antonio Coco (University of Exeter): „Mistake of Law in International Criminal Law”.
27. Januar 2021 | Prof. Dr. Valeria Vegh Weis (Universidad de Buenos Aires; AvH-Fellow FU Berlin): „Transition and Punishment in Argentina“.
9. Dezember 2020 | Prof. Stephen Thaman (St. Louis University): „The Presumption of Innocence and the Reversion of Aquittals: Comparative Reflections“.
25. November 2020 | Dr. Paolo Caroli (Universitá di Trento; AvH-Fellow HU Berlin): „Transitional Justice in Italy“.